Meta to bring ChatGPT style AI chatbot to WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook
- Tech giant Meta is bringing a ChatGPT-style AI chatbot called Meta AI to WhatsApp, Instagram, and Messenger. The chatbot, powered by a custom model and Meta’s Llama 2 language model, can provide real-time information and generate images from text prompts.
- Meta has also unveiled 28 AI chatbots with more personality, embodied by cultural icons and influencers.
- Additionally, Meta is introducing new AI-powered image editing features in the Instagram app.
Amazon invests $4 billion in ChatGPT competitor, making a bold move in the AI arms race
- Amazon has announced plans to invest up to $4 billion in Anthropic, an artificial intelligence firm, to advance “safer” generative AI development.
- The partnership will leverage Anthropic’s expertise in foundation models and Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
- Amazon’s investment will allow integration of Anthropic models into Amazon projects through Amazon Bedrock.
OpenAI and Jony Ive set to launch the ‘iPhone of AI’ with $1 billion backing from Softbank
- OpenAI is reportedly partnering with former Apple design chief Jony Ive and Softbank’s Masayoshi Son to develop an AI-powered smartphone.
- The venture is backed by $1 billion in funding from SoftBank.
- The goal is to create a user-friendly and intuitive device that addresses the negative effects of excessive smartphone usage.
SAP launches ‘Joule’ generative AI copilot for its enterprise applications
- SAP has announced the launch of its generative AI copilot, Joule, which will be embedded in its enterprise cloud applications and Business Technology Platform.
- Joule will provide proactive and contextualized insights by drawing on data from across the SAP portfolio and third-party sources, improving user productivity and driving better business outcomes.
Minister Champagne launches Canada’s Voluntary Code of Conduct relating to advanced generative AI systems
- Canada has launched a Voluntary Code of Conduct on the Responsible Development and Management of Advanced Generative AI Systems.
- The code outlines measures aligned with six core principles, including accountability, safety, fairness and equity, transparency, human oversight and monitoring, and validity and robustness.
- The code aims to ensure the responsible and safe development of AI technology in Canada.