Databricks Raises Series I Investment at $43B Valuation
- Data and AI company Databricks has raised over $500 million in Series I funding, valuing the company at $43 billion.
- The funding round was led by T. Rowe Price and included new investors Capital One Ventures, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, and NVIDIA.
- Databricks aims to unify data, analytics, and AI on a single platform to help customers derive insights and build generative AI solutions faster.
Google Announces Funding For AI-Enabled Digital Health Projects
- Google is funding 15 AI-powered projects, including digital health initiatives, to improve provider experience and patient access to care.
- The projects include tools for triaging patients, detecting neonatal complications, decreasing agitation in dementia patients, diagnosing illnesses, providing health information, managing patient information, and improving accessibility for deaf individuals.
- Google’s own machine learning technology, Med-PaLM 2, is also being utilised to answer medical questions with high accuracy.
Adobe Announces All New AI-Powered Creative Cloud Release
- Adobe has released an all-new, AI-powered Creative Cloud featuring generative AI capabilities integrated into apps like Photoshop and Illustrator.
- The release also includes new AI-driven features in Premiere Pro and After Effects and the introduction of Adobe Express Premium and the Firefly web application.
- Adobe is also introducing a credit-based model for generative AI, allowing users to turn text-based prompts into image and vector creations.
- The Creative Cloud subscription plans will also see price updates starting November 1, 2023.
Amazon Deploys Generative AI To Help Sellers Create Product Listings
- Amazon has introduced generative AI capabilities to assist sellers in creating and managing their product listings.
- The AI technology can generate high-quality product content based on a brief description provided by the seller, saving time and enhancing the shopping experience for customers.
- eBay has also announced plans to add an AI-powered image-based listing tool.
LinkedIn Adds Generative AI To Sales Navigator
- LinkedIn has introduced two generative AI features, AI-assisted search and Account IQ, to its Sales Navigator platform.
- The AI-assisted search function allows sellers to use conversational language search prompts to find leads, while Account IQ gathers key information from various sources to summarise accounts.
- These features are currently being piloted with a limited number of customers.