AMPLYFI has been accredited as a Disability Confident Committed employer
In the UK, there are 14.6 million disabled people. However, the Disability Employment Gap (the difference between the employment rate of disabled people, compared to that of non-disabled people) is currently 29%, with the employment rate of disabled people at 53%, compared to 82% of non-disabled people. 1 in 3 disabled people feel there’s a lot of disability prejudice (statistics from Scope).
Disability Confident, a UK government scheme, is creating a movement of change, encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people. By being accredited in this scheme, AMPLYFI is leading the way in creating a more equal and inclusive workplace.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
- Communicating and promoting vacancies.
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work.
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people.